Eternia: Prologue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternia: Prologue

A world torn by the hatred of war.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A PvP Toggle button

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yosuke777

Yosuke777

A PvP Toggle button Empty
PostSubject: A PvP Toggle button   A PvP Toggle button I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Starting out the game and being killed as soon as you get in, over, and over, and over, from one person that's a higher level and opposite faction can be a complete game killer for people, (That and I was mad) so it'd be nice! I'll try to be an active suggester, but it all depends. (I understand it's just a beta thing and all that, but it's annoooooying.)
Back to top Go down
darkingdom

PostSubject: Re: A PvP Toggle button   A PvP Toggle button I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 pm

I agree with him i went into game with couples of high level waiting to kill me? wtf
Back to top Go down
Syphilis

PostSubject: Re: A PvP Toggle button   A PvP Toggle button I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:18 pm

A toggle option is a poor solution in my opinion.

What should be done is heavily dependent on what the game creator's goal is for the game. Is it supposed to be PVP heavy or PVP optional?

As it is now there are no losses from death so the only thing you face from being PK'd is annoyance/inconvenience, moreso if you're being spam-killed at your spawn.

I've seen a large number of systems to moderate PVP in other games.

Some games use a karma system where you may choose whether or not to give "negative karma" to a player who killed you. Once the player has acquired negative karma they may not take hostile action against players until their negative karma has worn off. You'd have to decide how many units of karma they gain and the rate at which the units wear off, etc.

Alternatively you could put level requirements on zones/areas.

I'm sure you can think of plenty of other solutions that are better than a 'pvp toggle' option. I've never seen PVP toggles work well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A PvP Toggle button   A PvP Toggle button I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A PvP Toggle button
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternia: Prologue :: Suggestions-
Jump to: